Tuesday, April 17, 2012

99% of you won't re-post this because of breast cancer

First:

I want it to be known that I HATE activist text images. Specifically the ones you see on facebook that talk about some real life problem then concludes by saying "I bet 99% of WON'T repost this, but if you have a heart then share this on your wall!"

That is bullshit


Being 'aware' of something doesn't make it better, it just becomes common knowledge that you're not doing anything about it. I don't care that you support bully awareness! You're not helping! If you want to help stop bullying, go and volunteer to be a mentor for troubled kids at a school. Seriously, I'm tired of everyone saying "I'm [insert problem here] aware". Don't talk about it, don't 'be aware', don't mess around. FIX THE PROBLEM. If you have a kid, preemptively stop them from being a bully by teaching them to not be a jerk OR to be so passive. Bullies pick on those they think won't defend themselves, so teach your kid to stand up and do something about it. This goes for Haiti awareness too, don't just talk about donating money, get some serious cash, donate it then volunteer to go in and help them rebuild. There's a whole mess of problems out there, don't be aware, be a fixer.



Next Rant:


I DO NOT SUPPORT BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

That doesn't mean I don't like women or value others. I simply do not support the idea that women should be placed above men. I don't believe the other way either, you knee-jerking idiots. If you want to make a huge deal out of researching and curing a gender specific cancer, then I call for equal treatment. Why not have a prostate cancer awareness month? Sell armbands that read I LOVE NUTS! It'll never happen though, it's not marketable. It's quirky and funny seeing little boys and girls wear wrist bands that read  "I love boobies!" but the moment you have a little girl wear one that says "I love nuts!" her parents will be arrested and investigated for child abuse.

Individuals and companies pour millions into breast cancer research and that's wonderful, it will be a golden day when breast cancer is beaten. However, in the meantime, prostate cancer is still there, we have no idea how to figure out who will get it and if its not caught fast enough the result is death (like most cancers). So women, men go to bat for breast cancer research, why can't YOU go to bat for prostate cancer research?

Conclusion:
I WILL SUPPORT BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH WHEN THERE IS PROSTATE AWARENESS MONTH OF EQUAL IMPORTANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment